As a Direct Support Professional (DSP), you are responsible for providing care to individuals with disabilities. You will be the familiar face that is looked forward to each day.
Our employees are proud of the bonds they make with the people they serve and the meaningful difference they make in the lives others. With patience, flexibility, training and feedback from supervisors, you will develop your talent as a Hattie Larlham DSP.
We operate 24/7/365 and have part-time and full-time DSP positions available right now. Hattie Larlham needs caring and compassionate candidates to help us achieve our mission. Don’t panic if you lack experience. We provide paid training for all new employees so you can provide the high quality care and services we demand for the people we serve.
Where can you find Hattie Larlham DSPs?
Center for Children with Disabilities
Located in Mantua, the Center is an Intermediate Care Facility (ICF) where DSPs care for 124 medically fragile children and adults with severe intellectual and developmental disabilities.
DSPs provide care to 8 adults at each of our 5 ICF group homes in Cuyahoga and Summit counties.
We have approximately 70 homes in Northeast and Central Ohio where DSPs provide residential care to 3 or more adults living together in a home.
Constant Companions and Addventures
We have multiple locations in Northeast and Central Ohio where DSPs assist adults with disabilities at Hattie Larlham day support programs. Work days are Monday through Friday, and involve assiting participants with personal care, social activities, and community outings.
What are the main responsibilities of a DSP?
- Assist with meal prep, cleaning, or giving small reminders.
- Help with everyday living skills such as bathing, getting dressed, eating, and attending activities and medical appointments.
- Document accomplishments and attend meetings and trainings regarding persons served.
- Maintain contact with family members and provide updates of their loved ones.
- Communicate with other healthcare professionals and work together as a team.
- Know that reliability, punctuality and commitment to this job are very important in providing the best care to our persons served.
Are you ready to start your journey with Hattie Larlham? Apply today!