Help Our Residents Breathe Easy
Hattie Larlham’s Center for Children with Disabilities is home to the most medically fragile babies, children and adults Hattie Larlham serves. The number one threat to those in our care – respiratory illness!
Respiratory conditions are especially dangerous to the 23 residents we currently have in our tracheostomy program who rely on continual respiratory therapy and machine-assistance to breathe properly.
On September 17 & 18, we are asking Hattie Larlham supporters to help our residents Breathe Easy by donating to purchase critical Airvo 2 machines for the Center for Children with Disabilities.
Why are Airvo 2 devices needed at the Center for Children with Disabilities?
- Airvo 2 machines are used for nearly every resident with a tracheostomy
- They can also be used on any resident suffering from respiratory illness
- These machines connect directly to the tracheotomy tube or through nasal programs and deliver warm, moistened air into the airway
- They act as a 3-in-1 machine that regulates humidity, oxygen, and airflow
- They help prevent the drying out of mucus which in turns prevents blockages that can result in fatal infections
- Respiratory issues such as airways blockages are the number one danger to those in our care!
Your donation on September 17 and 18 helps residents at the Hattie Larlham Center for Children with Disabilities breathe easier and live comfortably.
Gifts will be matched up to $2500, thanks to a generous anonymous donor
Here is how you can support our Flash Fund:
- Follow this link to make your donation online.
- Give from where you are – text HATTIE to 41444 to make a donation from your mobile device.
- Ask your employer if they will match your gift. If they match your gift on September 17 or 18, your donation triples! See your HR department for details.
- Share our posts about the Flash Fund on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram and encourage your friends, family and coworkers to give.